Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I have drove one thousand miles...


...and I will drive one thousand more. Hello, all! This is my attempt at a travel blog. If I suddenly stop posting, it's either, firstly, because I've been abducted or gotten lost, in which case you should call the police, or secondly, and hopefully more likely, I'm too busy traveling. But I know many who are curious about what I'm up to, so I will attempt to keep you updated with my adventure via this blog.

First off, why? Why did I move 1042 miles from home? During my trip to Cheyenne last week, I visited the Wrangler store and found the sign shown above which perfectly explains my thoughts. And it was on clearance. If that doesn't scream "Kelci!", nothing does. So, my reason: I apply to jobs and they tell me, "You don't have enough experience." So I reply, "How am I supposed to get experience if I can't get a job?" I've also always loved to travel, so I started applying anywhere and everywhere, since I know I want to work for National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife, etc. and Indiana doesn't have much to offer in those categories. I applied to places in Utah, Oregon, Washington (state), Wyoming, Louisiana, and who knows where else. And Wyoming is where I got offered a position that worked best for my finances. It is a temporary position, but it'll get me about five months of valuable experience. And I'm getting paid. And it's like I'm on vacation except honestly it's a little cheaper. So let's see if I can manage to entertain you (and myself) with this blog. Shouldn't be hard since I couldn't fit my TV in my car to bring out here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment